This four-day course will prepare you to manage 21st century IT projects and programs to meet needs in the most cost-effective way possible, while maintaining privacy and security. You will learn about IT modernization programs and initiatives that are improving the customers’ experience. Given cybersecurity threats, you will come to understand how risks can be mitigated to ensure mission success. This course will teach you how to enable various cloud architectures and incorporate service-level agreements and analytics into an acquisition strategy.
- Ensure the agency enterprise architecture and capital planning and investment control (CPIC) process is integrated with strategic budget and planning
- Incorporate security in accordance with the Federal Information and Security Management Act (FISMA) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity
- Use the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) to accelerate the adoption of secure cloud solutions
- Use the Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) Initiative to reduce, consolidate, and secure telecommunication connections
- Identify the need for supply chain risk assessments and recognize the cost and benefits
- Ensure inclusion of requirements for interoperability and standardization across shared services
- Protect the data layer, including record retention, storage, and data management
- Incorporate emerging technologies into a program strategy
Must satisfy the competency requirements for FAC-P/PM Mid-Level.
“Excellent course. I will be able to take what I learned and apply it to my job immediately.” – 2021 participant
Let us know what you're interested in
Description This one-day, elective course will cut through the industry hype and confusion surrounding cloud computing. You will understand how to select the cloud computing solutions and service providers that…
Description This one-day course will provide a basic understanding of important project management principles. You will learn about the key project management terms, roles, responsibilities, tools, and techniques that will…
Description This one-day, elective course will help you understand how to communicate and implement Internal Control requirements for grants. You will learn the skills necessary to ensure agency compliance with…
Description This three-day, elective course will teach you how to align Project Management with organizational strategy to execute the success of your organization. This course will help you understand the…