This three-day course is designed to explore key competencies for project managers relating to business and financial management. You will develop application and analysis skills for estimating cost by using cost-related information to manage project financials and assemble a viable business case. This course will teach earned value management (EVM) skills as a tool for tracking contractor performance, managing risk, and adjusting project strategy. You will be able to apply your skills managing the operational business dynamics within the scope of Federal projects.
- Construct a viable business case based on sound cost-benefit analysis
- Identify cost estimating processes, methods, techniques, and analytical principles
- Utilize cost estimating and cost analysis to formulate financial programs and budgets
- Analyze and allocate funds within the appropriations categories
- Understand agency policy and OMB compliance for budget formulation
- Use earned value management (EVM) to forecast and track program/project performance
- Illustrate how EVM relates to managing project risk
- Understand risk using EVM indicators and employ adjustment techniques as needed
2 years of project or program management experience in the last 5 years.
“I think this is a good course for PMs! Needed for those just starting out and even as a refresher.” – 2021 participant
Let us know what you're interested in
In this two-day, elective course designed for professional women, you will explore the unique challenges women face in the work environment, as well as the contributions and perspectives women can…
This three-day, elective course will cover a tactical approach for tackling tough problems, engaging in new opportunities, and making sound decisions. You will learn techniques for strategic thinking and planning…
This one-day, elective course will help hone your critical thinking and problem-solving skills to solve real-world problems. You will walk away with a better understanding of how to address issues…
This one-day, elective course is designed for professionals who wish to use the knowledge of different personalities to be an effective communicator, teammate, and leader. You will learn that in…