This eight-day course will provide you with the basic skills and foundations required for navigating the contracting field. During this course, you will acquire and apply a variety of competencies such as understanding market research, the elements of a contract, contract types and more. In addition to learning these contracting competencies, you will understand how to apply and research the regulating guidance such as the FAR and DFARS. By the end of this course, you will be prepared to enter the contracting field with a variety of soft skills and contracting basics in your tool belt.
- Understand the contracting process
- Recognize general contracting concepts
- Navigate the FAR to arrive at an appropriate solution
- Explain how the collective acquisition team functions together to successfully accomplish the mission
- Define the ethical behavior expected of all contracting professionals and their organizations
- Identify the parts of a solicitation and contract
- Recognize how communication and documentation impact overall contract management effectiveness
- Given a contracting scenario with lessons learned, apply acquisition life cycle principles to the management of current and future contracts
An online version of this course may be available upon request.
Let us know what you're interested in
Description This one-day elective course will prepare you to manage IT Agile Contracting projects and programs. You will learn about the Agile approach and terminology that a project manager uses…
Description This two-day elective course covers the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the strategies outlined within it. This course will strengthen your knowledge of the flexibilities within the FAR and…
Description In this one-day elective course, you will learn about specific terminology essential for understanding the source selection process. You will learn about formal and informal selection procedures and why…
Description This course is a two- or three-day option. This elective course will address current Federal acquisition and technology management principles and introduce you to a dynamic, agile mechanism. You…