This one-day, elective course will teach you the skills needed to adapt to changing situations in the workplace. You will learn…
This two-day, elective course is designed for business professionals from all disciplines (contracting, IT, program and project management, grants, leasing, legal, etc.). There is a difference when communicating with peers vs. subordinates vs. superiors. If you want the best results, you need to apply techniques geared to how people act and react to communication styles. This course uses practical examples and engaging role playing to enhance the tools being discussed. Participants will be expected to actively participate in exercises and demonstrate application of knowledge through classroom presentations and mini learning segments. This course recommends the use of Everything DiSC Workplace® assessments. Everything DiSC Workplace® can be used with everyone in an organization— regardless of title or role—to help participants understand and appreciate the communication styles of the people they work with. The result is more effective and productive working relationships. Everything DiSC Workplace® focuses on discovering your DiSC® style, understanding other styles, and building more effective relationships.
This course requires the use of a BMRA instructor with DiSC® facilitation credentialing.
- Learn the DiSC® styles and understand the styles of those of coworkers
- Apply the knowledge of personal DiSC® styles to influence situations and outcomes through effective language
- Understand the value and use of message, messenger, and mode
- Use the learned tools to create scenarios and plan the outcomes of the message delivery types
- Apply learned methods to foster conflict resolution, make breakthroughs and motivate others up, down, and across the organization
- Understand vulnerabilities in high-performing teams
- Strengthen skills in active listening, providing feedback, and empathy
- Learn how to develop a communication plan
- Analyze personality types, emotional intelligence, and team culture
New course! Includes up-to-date material.
Let us know what you're interested in