This three-day, elective course provides the framework for Federal employees to learn about Federal retirement benefits and how they apply to their specific situation. Many Federal employees find it difficult to fully understanding Federal retirements benefits. Classes are very interactive, with the instructors available before and after class to discuss individual retirement questions.
- Plan for a smooth transition into the civilian workforce
- Achieve an overview of all Federal retirement benefits
- Understand eligibility requirements for Federal retirement
- Recognize special considerations for certain Federal groups like law enforcement, foreign service officials, and air traffic controllers
- Determine what the best Survivor Benefit Plan option is for a particular situation (retired military, spouse retirement impact, thrift savings, and 401K)
- Understand Employee Health Benefit plan and eligibility in retirement
- Address Thrift Savings Plan withdrawal concerns
- Begin financial planning for retirement.
New course! Includes up-to-date material.
Let us know what you're interested in
Description This eight-day course will provide you with the basic skills and foundations required for navigating the contracting field. During this course, you will acquire and apply a variety of…
Description This three-day, elective course is intended to provide leadership and management skills to non-managers. This course will teach you that you do not need a managerial title to be…
Description This three-day, elective course will cover the importance of having accurate budget formulation and a solid execution strategy as a financial manager or budget analyst. This course will provide…
Description This two-day, elective course will prepare you to manage IT projects and programs. You will learn about the requirements development process, decision analysis methods, technical assessment, configuration management, and…