This three-day, elective course provides the framework for Federal employees to learn about Federal retirement benefits and how they apply to their specific situation. Many Federal employees find it difficult to fully understanding Federal retirements benefits. Classes are very interactive, with the instructors available before and after class to discuss individual retirement questions.
- Plan for a smooth transition into the civilian workforce
- Achieve an overview of all Federal retirement benefits
- Understand eligibility requirements for Federal retirement
- Recognize special considerations for certain Federal groups like law enforcement, foreign service officials, and air traffic controllers
- Determine what the best Survivor Benefit Plan option is for a particular situation (retired military, spouse retirement impact, thrift savings, and 401K)
- Understand Employee Health Benefit plan and eligibility in retirement
- Address Thrift Savings Plan withdrawal concerns
- Begin financial planning for retirement.
New course! Includes up-to-date material.
Let us know what you're interested in
In this two-day, elective course designed for professional women, you will explore the unique challenges women face in the work environment, as well as the contributions and perspectives women can…
This three-day, elective course will cover a tactical approach for tackling tough problems, engaging in new opportunities, and making sound decisions. You will learn techniques for strategic thinking and planning…
This one-day, elective course will help hone your critical thinking and problem-solving skills to solve real-world problems. You will walk away with a better understanding of how to address issues…
This one-day, elective course is designed for professionals who wish to use the knowledge of different personalities to be an effective communicator, teammate, and leader. You will learn that in…