This three-day, elective course provides the framework for Federal employees to learn about Federal retirement benefits and how they apply to their specific situation. Many Federal employees find it difficult to fully understanding Federal retirements benefits. Classes are very interactive, with the instructors available before and after class to discuss individual retirement questions.
- Plan for a smooth transition into the civilian workforce
- Achieve an overview of all Federal retirement benefits
- Understand eligibility requirements for Federal retirement
- Recognize special considerations for certain Federal groups like law enforcement, foreign service officials, and air traffic controllers
- Determine what the best Survivor Benefit Plan option is for a particular situation (retired military, spouse retirement impact, thrift savings, and 401K)
- Understand Employee Health Benefit plan and eligibility in retirement
- Address Thrift Savings Plan withdrawal concerns
- Begin financial planning for retirement.
Let us know what you’re interested in
Description This five-day course provides an overview of government contract law intended for the experienced acquisition professional. You will learn about contract law, intellectual property and technical data rights, fiscal…
Description This five-day course focuses on unique construction contracting issues, such as acquisition planning, contract performance management, funding, environmental concerns, construction contract language, construction contracting in the commercial setting, the…
Description This five-day course focuses on contracting for architect-engineers, covers issues across the contracting spectrum, including acquisition planning, source selection, contract award, and contract management. Specific topics and practical exercises…
Description This two-day elective course presents a strong introduction to the federal budget process and the procedures for formulating, justifying and executing organizational budgets for personnel that don’t work within…