This two-day elective course will focus on developing the skills needed to make an educated decision based on available data. This class will cover how increased access to data-based information can help you make better decisions backed by hard data points. You learn how to make decisions based on available data and how data tends to “paint a picture” for a decision’s consequence. You will also discuss how to account for missing or inaccurate data, and the importance of reviewing new data after a decision is implemented.
- Define data-driven decision making
- Learn how to analyze data for decision making
- Evaluate the importance of data and the increasing role it has in decision making
- Discuss the application of data-driven decision making in your field
- Learn how to account for factors that may not appear in data, and how to incorporate those factors into the decision-making process
- Practice analyzing outcomes after making a decision, and evaluating if it was the correct decision based off of follow-up data.
Let us know what you’re interested in
Description This five-day course provides an overview of government contract law intended for the experienced acquisition professional. You will learn about contract law, intellectual property and technical data rights, fiscal…
Description This five-day course focuses on unique construction contracting issues, such as acquisition planning, contract performance management, funding, environmental concerns, construction contract language, construction contracting in the commercial setting, the…
Description This five-day course focuses on contracting for architect-engineers, covers issues across the contracting spectrum, including acquisition planning, source selection, contract award, and contract management. Specific topics and practical exercises…
Description This two-day elective course presents a strong introduction to the federal budget process and the procedures for formulating, justifying and executing organizational budgets for personnel that don’t work within…