This two-day, elective course will focus on developing the skills needed to make an educated decision based on available data. This class will cover how increased access to data-based information, supported by more accurate and accessible computer programs, can help you make better decisions backed by hard data points. You will explore the different considerations that go into making a decision based on available data and how data tends to “paint a picture” for a decision’s consequence. You will also discuss how to account for missing or inaccurate data and the importance of reviewing new data after a decision is implemented to determine the outcome and adjust if needed.
- Define data-driven decision making
- Learn how to analyze data for decision making
- Evaluate the importance of data and the increasing role it has in decision making
- Discuss the application of data-driven decision making in your field
- Learn how to account for factors that may not appear in data, and how to incorporate those factors into the decision-making process
- Practice analyzing outcomes after making a decision, and evaluating if it was the correct decision based off of follow-up data.
“As a Supervisor and Leader, this training was very helpful for my job.” – 2021 participant
Let us know what you're interested in
Description This eight-day course will provide you with the basic skills and foundations required for navigating the contracting field. During this course, you will acquire and apply a variety of…
Description This three-day, elective course is intended to provide leadership and management skills to non-managers. This course will teach you that you do not need a managerial title to be…
Description This three-day, elective course will cover the importance of having accurate budget formulation and a solid execution strategy as a financial manager or budget analyst. This course will provide…
Description This two-day, elective course will prepare you to manage IT projects and programs. You will learn about the requirements development process, decision analysis methods, technical assessment, configuration management, and…