This two-day, elective course is designed to provide an overview of strategies that a busy professional can use to balance…
This two-day, elective course is designed for government professionals who wish to advance their credibility, career standing, and confidence using diplomatic techniques. Diplomacy can be used for conflict resolution: influencing peers, subordinates, and leaders, and creating a personal image of being someone who can always find the “win-win” in a situation. This course will use case studies and application of the techniques through role playing and audience/instructor critique.
- Understand the history of diplomacy and the significant uses of this technique in world events
- Demonstrate the main techniques of diplomacy as applied to business scenarios
- Apply the main techniques of diplomacy to project confidence, use tact, and gain credibility
- Know when authority is granted to act as the diplomatic role – or – understand when authority is not granted
- Practice receptive listening skills and communicating with difficult people
- Learn negotiation and persuasion techniques
New course! Includes up-to-date material.
Let us know what you're interested in