FPM 334: Progressive Leadership in Program Management
This two-day course will expand your interpersonal and mentoring skills required in complex programs. You will learn how modeling responsible and accountable behaviors relates to the effective and efficient use of program resources. This course will teach you how to develop stakeholder relationships through critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making. You will gain global awareness of the linkage between organizational vision and objectives through plan execution.
Pre-Requisites: Must satisfy the competency requirements for FAC-P/PM Mid-Level.
- Foster a work environment where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization
- Organize and participate in a mentoring program for new project and program managers
- Model well-developed oral and written communications skills and foster their development in subordinates
- Mentor individuals and integrated project teams (IPTs) to increase overall individual and team performance
- Identify programmatic problems and resolve with corrective courses of action
- Demonstrate a high level of responsibility and accountability for effective use of program resources
- Manage effective and timely stakeholder relationships that generate buy-in
- Evaluate and remain current on local, national, and international policies and trends that affect the organization and shape stakeholders’ views
- Oversee the formulation of organizational objectives and priorities
- Develop a long-term organizational view that fosters a shared vision and acts as a catalyst for change
Length: 2 Days