This three-day course will introduce you to basic acquisition principles of an Agile project management environment, based on the current policies and practices of the Federal Government. You will learn about Agile as a concept of using short, highly structured project cycles called Sprints. This course will address current Federal acquisition and technology management principles and introduces a dynamic, Agile mechanism. You will come away with a broad understanding of the Agile approach, and how technology management and software development can occur.
- Learn what Agile development is and how it achieves cost effective outcomes for the government
- Identify projects that are best suited to the Agile development process
- Learn how the Agile process differs from “traditional project management” processes
- Use Sprints to create micro bursts of attainable milestones and demonstrate progress, transparency, accountability, and measurable success
- Recognize issues before they become problems
- Learn how Agile complies with the requirements of the FAR
- Understand where to find more information on the Agile process that will benefit the organization
New course! Includes up-to-date material.
Let us know what you're interested in
Description This one-day, elective course will cut through the industry hype and confusion surrounding cloud computing. You will understand how to select the cloud computing solutions and service providers that…
Description This one-day course will provide a basic understanding of important project management principles. You will learn about the key project management terms, roles, responsibilities, tools, and techniques that will…
Description This one-day, elective course will help you understand how to communicate and implement Internal Control requirements for grants. You will learn the skills necessary to ensure agency compliance with…
Description This three-day, elective course will teach you how to align Project Management with organizational strategy to execute the success of your organization. This course will help you understand the…