This three-day course builds on the pre-award business and contracting knowledge necessary to process complex procurements. The emphasis of this course is on planning successful mission-support strategies and executing an acquisition that optimizes mission performance. You will learn various techniques for building successful business relationships, the benefits of strategic sourcing and spend analysis, and the importance of providing contract financing. You will take an in-depth look at subcontracting, how to conduct a formal source selection, and how to analyze the information necessary to determine contractor responsibility. With the successful completion of this course, you will have the knowledge to make sound business decisions for your organization.
- Identify the importance of a good business relationship in achieving the customer’s performance expectations
- Understand how strategic sourcing can improve the quality and cost related to the purchase of goods and services
- Learn the principles of performance-based acquisition (PBA) that will apply to a complex services acquisition
- Identify the impact of a contract financing decision on the acquisition process
- Identify the implications on the acquisition process of a decision to include government furnished property, subcontracting and risk management.
- Understand the impact of small business socioeconomic programs on contracting decisions and how small businesses can support an acquisition
Let us know what you’re interested in
Description This three-day elective course will help Program Managers build a solidified foundation with skills, concepts, tools, and techniques throughout the lifecycle of a government requirement. Topics will include strategic…
Description This two-day elective workshop will give you the foundation to effectively write an acquisition plan that aligns with various regulations and policies. Through this course, the acquisition professional will…
Description This two-day elective course will introduce and explain the important steps that the acquisition professional must take when writing a Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP). Through this course, you…
Description This three-day elective course will allow the acquisition professional to gain knowledge on developing well-written requirements. Requirements management is vital to improving the project at every stage. If time…