This five-day course provides an overview of government contract law, intended for the experienced acquisition professional. You will learn about contract law, intellectual property and technical data rights, fiscal law, protests, claims and disputes, and ethics. This is a case-based course that is centered on student activity and participation. This course is designed to be highly interactive by building the case readings and materials into the lecture through interrogatories directed at the students. You will also be expected to develop and support a reasoned position based upon research and analysis of a given scenario.
- Determine the constitutional, statutory, regulatory, and decisional authorities applicable to both commercial and governmental acquisitions
- Identify, discuss, support, and defend the statutory, regulatory, and decisional restrictions applicable to the expenditure of appropriated funds
- Support and defend a given position by applying the concepts associated with performance under government acquisition
- Discuss the process for prosecuting a protest in a government acquisition and differentiate the various decisions of actual case law
- Discuss, support, and defend a given position using the statutes and regulations that govern the ethical conduct of a government employee
Pre-course work and case reading compromises significant time towards your CLPs.
Let us know what you're interested in
Description This course is a mix of asynchronous and instructor-led training that lasts for 4 weeks. This course will help you understand contracting competencies in the pre-award and award phases.…
Description This 19-day course is a mix of Virtual Instructor-led training and asynchronous course work. In this course, you will learn the steps required to effectively shape internal customer requirements…
Description This eight-day course will provide you with the basic skills and foundations required for navigating the contracting field. During this course, you will acquire and apply a variety of…
Description This three-day, elective course is intended to provide leadership and management skills to non-managers. This course will teach you that you do not need a managerial title to be…