This five-day course provides an overview of government contract law, intended for the experienced acquisition professional. You will learn about contract law, intellectual property and technical data rights, fiscal law, protests, claims and disputes, and ethics. This is a case-based course that is centered on student activity and participation. This course is designed to be highly interactive by building the case readings and materials into the lecture through interrogatories directed at the students. You will also be expected to develop and support a reasoned position based upon research and analysis of a given scenario.
- Determine the constitutional, statutory, regulatory, and decisional authorities applicable to both commercial and governmental acquisitions
- Identify, discuss, support, and defend the statutory, regulatory, and decisional restrictions applicable to the expenditure of appropriated funds
- Support and defend a given position by applying the concepts associated with performance under government acquisition
- Discuss the process for prosecuting a protest in a government acquisition and differentiate the various decisions of actual case law
- Discuss, support, and defend a given position using the statutes and regulations that govern the ethical conduct of a government employee
Pre-course work and case reading compromises significant time towards your CLPs.
Let us know what you're interested in
Description This one-day, elective course will cut through the industry hype and confusion surrounding cloud computing. You will understand how to select the cloud computing solutions and service providers that…
Description This one-day course will provide a basic understanding of important project management principles. You will learn about the key project management terms, roles, responsibilities, tools, and techniques that will…
Description This one-day, elective course will help you understand how to communicate and implement Internal Control requirements for grants. You will learn the skills necessary to ensure agency compliance with…
Description This three-day, elective course will teach you how to align Project Management with organizational strategy to execute the success of your organization. This course will help you understand the…