This course focuses on developing the skills and knowledge necessary for a small business specialist. Associated programs and initiatives that support the program and the Government's efforts to improve small business participation in both prime contracting and subcontracting will also be reviewed, with particular attention to the small business specialist's role as a vital member of the acquisition team.
Level II certification in Contracting
- Describe how to provide assistance to small businesses in finding Government prime contracting and subcontracting opportunities;
- Determine if a business is small;
- Conduct market research to maximize small business participation at the prime and subcontracting levels;
- Participate as an active member of the acquisition team in developing an appropriate acquisition strategy that maximizes small business participation;
- Describe the Small Business Administration's role in the acquisition process;
- Implement subcontracting requirements; and
- Identify other small business-related programs and initiatives.